Activity Plan between Student and Supervisor.
The practicum college student will:
- Observe my supervisor and other professionals at my practicum site as well because their relationships.
- The exhibit, apply and stick to the ethical and legal standing as a professional counselor.
- Apply skills and knowledge in administering intake selection interviews, mental health assessments mental assessment to be treated planning and case management. The way in which We will do this is by conducting an consumption interview and the use of assessment tools. Good examples of Psychosocial Assessment, Problems Intervention, and Safety Strategy Assessment, Locus, CASII, and so forth
- Commit to the guidelines and practices of the counseling practice.
- Gain knowledge and experience in multicultural expertise which involves case theory, diagnosis, treatment, referral, and prevention of mental and emotional disorders
- Gain knowledge and experience in working with clients in diverse populations.
- Exhibit strategies to promote clients with access to a variety of community resources. By administering appropriate referrals to the clients.
- Gain knowledge in counseling theories and techniques.
- Demonstrate and gain understanding in screening for addiction, aggression, and danger to self and others, as well as co-occurring mental disorders. By administering the appropriate assessment. Examples of Crisis Intervention and Safety Assessment, Psychosocial Assessment, etc.
- Commit to the proper use of diagnostic tools, which includes the current edition of the DSM, to describe the symptoms and intervention to help individuals with mental, emotional and psychological disorders.
- Acknowledge my limitations as a Practicum Student Counselor and seek supervision or refer clients when appropriate.
The supervisor will:
- Provide a mentoring relationship and an educational opportunity to assist counseling work as well as tailor the student into the profession. Make sure the student is with the appropriate credentialed staff members. Summer, Tyler, Sara Dr . P and Dr. Angela.
- Provide the student with the knowledge and opportunity for the application of theory and the development of counseling skills under supervision.
- Commit to allowing the student the opportunity to acquire a minimum of 150 hours of practicum experience over an 8-week semester; 50 of these hours will be spent in direct contact with actual. Which would include 1 hour of supervision for every 40 hours worked.
- Provide the student with one hour of individual control per week.
- Provide student with the opportunity to observe another professional at the site.
- Provide the student with a clinical environment to ensure that students gains the skills, knowledge, and possibility to show her skills in becoming a professional. By providing the woman’s the possible opportunity to administer the skills she has discovered while at the the site.
- Ensure student performs specific forms and authorized consents with clients.
- Provide the student the appropriate use of analysis tools, which would include gaining knowledge of the DSM.
- Make sure access to agency guides, policy statements, computer resources, databases and files as required for the student.
- Provide evaluations and feedback of the student’s counseling skills and improvement each week before the eliminate of the practicum of 8 weeks.
- Provide the student with all the knowledge as possible in the counseling field in the eight several weeks of internship.